Programming 2 photons in the same room with 2 different settings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you set up 2 different Photon V2s in the same room with different settings?

I have a 36” that’s been running for awhile and i just got my 24” a few days ago. So today i go to setup the 24” and find that the remote that came with the 24” also controls the 36”....what the heck? I can’t adjust them separately unless I unplug one completely but even then if i plug it back in and touch the remote again it will change to whatever is set on the remote. This is crazy.....

Why doesn’t the remote that came with the light just control that light? Can you please give me some insight on how to separately control these lights?

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do 1 and unplug it and then do the other.
The problem I’m having with that is you need to use the remote to turn the light back on after its been unplugged. As soon as you hit the power button to turn the light on the other light that is already on gets a signal and then sets itself to what is programmed in the remote.

did this work for you? Am I Missing something?

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem I’m having with that is you need to use the remote to turn the light back on after its been unplugged. As soon as you hit the power button to turn the light on the other light that is already on gets a signal and then sets itself to what is programmed in the remote.

did this work for you? Am I Missing something?

I have never needed the remote to turn the light back on after unplugging it.

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never needed the remote to turn the light back on after unplugging it.
Okay, so i unplugged my 36” which is already programmed over my nem tank and left it unplugged for approx. 5 min. I plugged it back in and it did turn on to the previous settings.

I’m guessing i was having problems with the whole unplug thing because i was only trying the new light which has no programmed settings yet. So i think if i unplug the 36” and program the 24” then plug the 36” back in i should be good to go. I will give it a try later on and report back. :)

Still kind of a pain in the but @Reef Breeders, especially if one wants to make a change to one, the other will always need to be unplugged.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do 1 and unplug it and then do the other.

Currently this is the only way to do it. Originally the fixtures were going to be able to have an ID and you could switch back & forth. But EverGrow never made that option functional.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i finally got the the 24” up and running. Thanks everyone for the insight.
You shouldn't have to press the power button. Make sure it's toggled on before you unplug it. If you turn the light off with the power button, then unplug it, you will need to press it again to toggle it on. So a good rule of thumb- always leave it in the "on" state.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back