Programming Hydros to use solenoids to control RODI Flush and ATO

Shadowfire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for the help/advice.

I am trying to set up my RODI to auto top off my tank using a solenoid to control a line to flush the RODI system for 5 min before topping off the tank and am having trouble getting it programmed to work correctly. It seems like it should be really simple but I’m obviously missing something.

I tried having the flush as one output and the fill as a second both activated by the water level sensor and using the dependence feature to keep the fill off while the flush was running, but it is not switching over after the flush hits the max time of 5 min in the advanced settings. I currently have it just scheduled to run at a specific time but really wanted it to be automatic a few times a day for better consistency.

I would really appreciate any advice.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RODI filter type was not meant for ATO. It was for refilling a storage container. Then you would use a pump to top off from the container Personally I would not even attempt to top off directly from the RODI unit. Usually you want to make a minimum of 5 gallons on a RODI unit.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back