PROP Follow Up Thread

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another great PROP auction, well for buyers. It did seem like some of the sellers did not do as well but i don't want them to feel discouraged. It was just that type of auction yesterday.

I have had an observation about it. Let me know what you think. Novembers auction was pretty crazy. High bids, rival bids over frags, and just everything selling for a great price. And this one seemed to be the opposite. i have never seen so much go home with the sellers. So to me the auction seemed like a stock market almost. You're going to have some good days and some bad ones they will be hard to predict.

Some things that always help to get a sell/bid;

1. List as soon as you can. We are all busy but the faster you get your list up the more people will be able to see it.
2. Pictures Pictures Pictures! Also get them up soon. With the list if possible. I would rather see what i would potentially bid on while i am skimming though the list. Pics later on is nice but i hate going back and forth to see what is what. Might as well post them all together.
3. Get there at least by 1:30 to show your frags. Some of the ones that came in while the auction begun I wanted to see them but didn't get a good chance.
4. You are selling your frags so pimp them out. LOL I am not saying dress up in a bikini or sell them with your girlfriend
dance.gif
Talk about them when people are viewing. Tell people why they should bid on them. To me a corals history is VERY important. When Ryan is auctioning them off give him a heads up; How may polys, describe the color like you are a french wine condenseur.
beret.gif

Those are just my thoughts. What do you guys think?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back