Propagate Blue Ridge Coral

MySonWantedAHamster

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2021
Messages
88
Reaction score
120
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post – just wanted to say this site has really been a great resource over the last several months as I try to figure out what in the world I’m doing.

Ok, I recently picked up a Blue Ridge coral that’s about 4” tall. I’d like to trim the trunk right where it starts to encrusted the plug. The goal is to place the trunk in the rock work hopefully letting it encrust without the plug. I was just going to use a Dremel to make a cut straight across the base of the trunk. Am I good to propagate this way? I didn’t find much info floating around about these guys.

BlueRidge.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Your plan is fine. These are easy to cut. Don't be surprised when you see the blue skeleton. I have one that is encrusting on the rock and onto the acrylic of the overflow!

20210212_101300.jpg
20210212_101415.jpg


Question for you. Are you in Columbus, Ohio? I lived there for 30 years.
 
Excellent! I'll give it a shot this weekend.

I'm just north in Delaware, but I did live off of Morse Rd for a short time (and lived to tell about it) when I first to Columbus many years ago.
 
Ha! I lived just north of I-270 and just east of US-23 before I moved to Florida.

Good luck with the Blue Ridge Coral. It should do just fine.
 
do these look okay? Is it normal for them to look like this?
75 gal
Sal 1.024
Alk 12
PH 7.8
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Calcium 400
Temp 77
Phosphate 0

94BC6FEE-1814-4720-988D-2866F45D624D.jpeg 070DEE65-055C-4F8B-9C82-CC1A0C651DF8.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new