Blue ridge coral..hate or love them

  • Thread starter Thread starter wvcorals
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wvcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Messages
55
Reaction score
103
Location
st. albans
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have i giant blue ridge coral I hated for the longest time but here recently started falling in love with it. Thoughts on blue ridge coral. Anyone want a large frag hit me up

56CBCED9-3918-4E08-A9D6-27BBF013F411.jpeg 2166997D-3FE2-44A4-AB5E-274FC9A2237F.jpeg 71F7B357-4B77-4F95-ABEA-6E343CF47360.jpeg BAB217C5-A659-498A-8EF7-0107E9A73D6F.jpeg
 
I have i giant blue ridge coral I hated for the longest time but here recently started falling in love with it. Thoughts on blue ridge coral. Anyone want a large frag hit me up

56CBCED9-3918-4E08-A9D6-27BBF013F411.jpeg 2166997D-3FE2-44A4-AB5E-274FC9A2237F.jpeg 71F7B357-4B77-4F95-ABEA-6E343CF47360.jpeg BAB217C5-A659-498A-8EF7-0107E9A73D6F.jpeg
I love how that looks! Where are you located?
 
This one came on a piece of live rock I bought from a tear down years ago. This piece grew from a frag of the original. I wouldn't say I love it but it is an interesting and very hardy coral.

Lit with a flashlight since tank lights aren't on yet.
PXL_20251111_152739248.jpg
 
Those are super cool corals that you don't see often!
 
This one came on a piece of live rock I bought from a tear down years ago. This piece grew from a frag of the original. I wouldn't say I love it but it is an interesting and very hardy coral.

Lit with a flashlight since tank lights aren't on yet.
PXL_20251111_152739248.jpg
That is a phenomenal texture! That thing must add some amazing visual diversity in your tank!

I used to be a tour guide for Bryce Canyon, and man that thing looks like you grew a mini bryce in your tank!
 
That is a phenomenal texture! That thing must add some amazing visual diversity in your tank!

I used to be a tour guide for Bryce Canyon, and man that thing looks like you grew a mini bryce in your tank!
Thanks. Its probably not as large as that image makes it look.
Here's a FTS I had a large acro colony from a tear down that didn't make it and i wanted something on that vertical pillar. The tank runs too dirty for most SPS except monticaps so I tossed a piece of the blue ridge up there and it took off.

I broke the anacropora off being clumsy in another tank so I just tossed it up there to see if it makes it.

PXL_20251108_012602277~2.jpg
 
I think they are beautiful and under-rated corals, and I really don't see them much in the hobby. I have a nice colony in my main tank and I like it so much I fragged pieces for my other tanks.
 
I have a pretty good sized piece but I am thinking about scraping it... I've cut it completely down twice
 

Attachments

  • 20251024_175350.jpg
    20251024_175350.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 98
  • 20251024_175345.jpg
    20251024_175345.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 96
Not sps, there's a thread on here w classification , but beware ,it's out to take over the world...😀
"Frag"...🤔🙃
20260221_225343.jpg
 
What exactly is it? Encrusting/pillaring sps?
Many call it a calcifying leather coral. I have a nice piece, however it’s now getting shaded by a fast growing torch. I’m interested how this battle ends. Underrated imo!
IMG_1472.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new