Proper PSI for Carbon Doser?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
8,134
Reaction score
6,160
Location
Houston, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run a calcium reactor and have a Carbon Doser, I’m curious where you keep the pressure at on the regulator?

So yeah…one gauge tells you the pressure of the CO2 cylinder and the tells you the pressure that you’re allowing into the reactor (Gas out). Both are in PSI.

I’ve been running north of 10 PSI because I heard that it has an internal check valve that needs 10 PSI to open. So I normally run about 12-13 PSI. Ran it like this on two systems and it has worked fine. Although I’m very curious if this is true and what the proper PSI should be.

I know the PSI can also increase the size of your bubble and gas in the tank.

@jda ?
 
I don't run a reactor anymore, but when I did, I just adjusted it as low as it would go that was a consistent output.

10 is fine if your bubble count is consistent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new