Proper uv sterilizer flow

Alex_hairymoney

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
114
Reaction score
67
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Redsea 1000 it is 220g on the display and 55 in the sump. Currently I am dealing with Dino’s, I have a ultraviolet Uv 57watt I’m trying to see what’s the best flow for it to help out with the Dino’s right now is at about 150gph

Also I am pulling water from the return pump chamber to the uv and back to the return pump chamber

Where do you guys recommend I pull water from and where return it
 
I would think Dinos should run fast like 1000-1200g (say 3-4x turnover) or it won’t keep up with them multiplying.

Best is always pull from the DT, back to DT.
 
I would think Dinos should run fast like 1000-1200g (say 3-4x turnover) or it won’t keep up with them multiplying.

Best is always pull from the DT, back to DT.
How do you have yours?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new