Proper way of using Metro + Focus?

skr791346

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys mix it with food? Is it ok to have RODI water in the container to thaw? What's the proper ratio? Do I break the food apart and then sprinkle or do I spray it on top of the frozen chunks and let it thaw? How long do you let it soak?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen food or pellets works best. I use a few drops of saltwater when mixing it, as RODI will cause the medicated food to float. You basically mix/stir 1 tbsp food, 1 scoop Metro, 1 scoop Focus in a shot glass. Wait 30 mins and you can begin feeding. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Read this for more info: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/metronidazole.298762/#post-3655831

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Frozen food or pellets works best. I use a few drops of saltwater when mixing it, as RODI will cause the medicated food to float. You basically mix/stir 1 tbsp food, 1 scoop Metro, 1 scoop Focus in a shot glass. Wait 30 mins and you can begin feeding. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Read this for more info: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/metronidazole.298762/#post-3655831

Quick question. I am making this now and noticed the focus directions say 5:1 Focus to medication. Is that corect or is the 1:1 you mentioned correct.

I noticed there is very little metro compared to focus powder. This would make sense according to the directions ratio.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back