Proper way to get this off the plug?

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
799
Reaction score
886
Location
Portland, OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this gorg and I love it, it's super happy and healthy I just want it off this frag plug cause of all the tiny vermatids on it.

It's got some Lil branches encrusting onto the plug, are those a loss?

Ps. Bonus points for identification
 
Pics

20200830_145222.jpg 20200830_145233.jpg
 
Should easily pry off with a sharp-tipped knife or flathead screwdriver.
Unless you jam it in a rock crevice you'll need to cover the base when you glue it. Not a big deal.
I've glued 4 or 5 over the years and they just eventually overgrow the glue.

Looks like possibly Muriceopsis flavida
 
Should easily pry off with a sharp-tipped knife or flathead screwdriver.
Unless you jam it in a rock crevice you'll need to cover the base when you glue it. Not a big deal.
I've glued 4 or 5 over the years and they just eventually overgrow the glue.

Looks like possibly Muriceopsis flavida
Sweet. Should I try and pry off the encrusting part and keep that a part of the stem of coral? Or cut the stem of the coral. I plan to put it on a new frag possibly piece of rubble.
Ty for the response!
 
If you're putting it on a flat surface (another plug), keep the encrusting part - you'll need it. Dab it dry on a paper towel before applying the glue. This will give you higher success.

If you're placing it in a hole go ahead and cut the stem near flush to the plug. Dry, apply glue, stuff in hole and with a wet finger press the glue into place around base.
 
the tiny white snails are harmless. just scrape them off in another container with a knife if they bother you. vermatid snails are brown shells and look like poop emojis
I thought the the white snails were just smaller vermatids :/

Well I guess I'll just attach the plug to rubble then. As the plug is just set in substrate rn.
 
If you're putting it on a flat surface (another plug), keep the encrusting part - you'll need it. Dab it dry on a paper towel before applying the glue. This will give you higher success.

If you're placing it in a hole go ahead and cut the stem near flush to the plug. Dry, apply glue, stuff in hole and with a wet finger press the glue into place around base.
Ty for that tech!
 
Those are spirobid worms and not a threat. Simply take a paring knife and scrape them into a container and then into the toilet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new