Props to Dr. Reef QT Fish

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In June I ordered from Dr. Reef Quarantine fish. The fish were due to ship during the time frame that I was away. A simple call to them and we pushed back the ship date they were very accommodating. So the order shipped yesterday and arrived today. The three fish were beautiful and two of the three were in great shape. However, the Yellow Belly Regal was in a bag that leaked and was in bad shape when it arrived to my house. I added all three fish to my drip acclimation bucket and added a little more water than I wanted to quickly to get some fresh oxygenated water to them. So then I dripped normally and put to the two healthy fish in the tank and they are doing great. The Regal tang was in a bad way floating on it's side. I let it drip for about 90 minutes and decided that it needed to go in the tank. It took off and went into the rock work and hide, I am thinking oh great now I am going to have to fish that out of the tank when it dies. Well, a few hours later I decided to feed the tank. The Regal fish backs out of the hole and began eating vigorously and since has been roaming the tank.

I guess the long and short of this story is that I am impressed with Dr. Reef. I emailed then to let them know what's up and received a response with in a few minutes. Thankfully, this story is still going and the fish looks great now getting very nice color back and swimming nicely.I dont think this story would have ended as well had the fish not been in QT from Dr. Reef, the fish really looked remarkable when they arrived.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back