Prorocentrum dinos

RemyLeeRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told what I have are prorcentrum dinos and to silica dose to get rid of them. I have a 120g system with a 30g sump. Uv not helping. Anyone have any experience with these dinos, and if so how did you conquer them?

20210403_132609.jpg

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to raise your nutrient levels ( nitrates and phosphates if the levels are low) in order to foster growth of some competing algae. Also try to reduce the light schedule as well. Avoid water changes in the meantime while raising nutrients.

OP
OP
R

RemyLeeRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to raise your nutrient levels ( nitrates and phosphates if the levels are low) in order to foster growth of some competing algae. Also try to reduce the light schedule as well. Avoid water changes in the meantime while raising nutrients.
Thank you, yes I'm trying. I have lights on only 5 hours, a 40w uv, and I took out the filter sock and turned off the skimmer. Feeding more also. Any thoughts on the silicate dosing? Raising temp to 82, adding mb7?

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No harm in Silica dosing If you can get either GHA or Diatoms to grow it’s a win win. Once you get other algae growth you are out of the woods.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
No harm in Silica dosing If you can get either GHA or Diatoms to grow it’s a win win. Once you get other algae growth you are out of the woods.
Dosing silica will cause GHA to grow. This will defeat Dino?

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liquid Ionic Silica - Hair, Skin & Nails Nutrition | Collagen Booster | Joint Support for Health Tendons & Cartilage | 8 oz, 48 Day Supply

Back