Pros vs Cons: Apex AquaController vs ReefKeeper Elite Controller

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if there is anyone that has or has had a Reef Angle and ether an Apex or RKE.
How does Reef Angle compare to Apex and RKE?
The pricing seems to be a little lower than Apex.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering a controller and after reading through this thread and seeing all the comments on the customer support issue I am perplexed now. Are BOTH units really that bad that you have to be calling customer support at a frequency that has elevated their support departments to the biggest, if not second biggest, deciding factor when purchasing one? If that is the case I will quote Tommy Boy, "All they sold you is a guaranteed point of sale." What is the deal with having to have support on speed dial?

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering a controller and after reading through this thread and seeing all the comments on the customer support issue I am perplexed now. Are BOTH units really that bad that you have to be calling customer support at a frequency that has elevated their support departments to the biggest, if not second biggest, deciding factor when purchasing one? If that is the case I will quote Tommy Boy, "All they sold you is a guaranteed point of sale." What is the deal with having to have support on speed dial?

Never had to call customer service here,Everything is perfect with my Apex

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I think the biggest issue has been programing and in the past they have not been that easy to program and documentation stinks as with most things... As computer software gets better they will become easier to program for.

Last edited:

Letoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does the ReefKeeper come internet ready?

No, you need the NET module. I have one on an Elite systems a few years ago, the bloody thing is sooo slow to be any useful, sometimes I think my old 56k modem able to load up a page faster... After countless times resetting the unit I dumped it.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the new Archon from DA has integrated wifi and wired internet. and is much easier to program and loads quite fast.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back