Protein Skimmer doing okay?

dustin.emmanuel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Messages
105
Reaction score
36
Location
Russellville
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just did a water change today. I turned off everything and my skimmer too. I cleaned out the cup and take the filter socket on the back and change a new one. I was having trouble to take out the cup so I guess knock it a bit but not alot (very gentle twist). I filled up the water and everything and turn it on. But the skimmer is letting out this air bubbles on the valve. Should I be worried? Last time I did it and there was no problem but this time is different.

20260313_140855.jpg 20260313_140902.jpg Screenshot_20260313_141245_Gallery.jpg
 
Could be something knocked loose. I would check all of the connections.

I have had two Reef Octopi over the years and they would go nuts like this randomly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new