Protein Skimmer For Sump

SinkyShippy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2019
Messages
2,531
Reaction score
2,961
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon tank and am setting up a 10 gallon sump. Anyone have this protein skimmer? How does it work?
Screenshot_20190611-142650.jpeg
 
I have a 20 gallon tank and am setting up a 10 gallon sump. Anyone have this protein skimmer? How does it work?
Screenshot_20190611-142650.jpeg
I dont know enough about specific skimmers but I can tell you how skimmers essentially work
1. there are two intakes one for water one for air
2. the water Is taken in from the sump and air is taken from the air above the sump
3. bubbles are formed at the bottom of the skimmer pushing excess nutrients and other bad things to the top into the collection cup
4. there is a small tube which lets excess water out of this cup back into the sump
5. we clean the collection cup
6. repeat
 
I dont know enough about specific skimmers but I can tell you how skimmers essentially work
1. there are two intakes one for water one for air
2. the water Is taken in from the sump and air is taken from the air above the sump
3. bubbles are formed at the bottom of the skimmer pushing excess nutrients and other bad things to the top into the collection cup
4. there is a small tube which lets excess water out of this cup back into the sump
5. we clean the collection cup
6. repeat
I meant how is it lol. But yay! Now I am more knowledgable on skimmers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new