Protein skimmer in a small apartment

Matheurisley

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to reefing so this may be a dumb question. I have a skimmer on the inside of the AOI filtration chamber it works great no issues, also I live in a tiny 750 sq. ft condo and my tank is in my living room which is essentially just on the other side of the kitchen island. So my question is when I am cooking and it starts to get smoky should I turn off my protein skimmer? Every time I cook it stops frothing the water and starts to lightly bubble it instead. It eventually starts frothing again but it takes a few hours. Last note skimmer is only a week old so I am not sure if that is why it fluctuates so much. Any wisdom through experience is appreciated.
 
My tank is maybe 5-6 ft from our kitchen (also an apartment) in the dining area. We turn on the overhead fan in both the kitchen and dining room. It’s been a year and a half and we haven’t had any issues. We also don’t cook for too long, maybe 45min tops. It also took over a month for my skimmer to break in…
 
My tank is maybe 5-6 ft from our kitchen (also an apartment) in the dining area. We turn on the overhead fan in both the kitchen and dining room. It’s been a year and a half and we haven’t had any issues. We also don’t cook for too long, maybe 45min tops. It also took over a month for my skimmer to break in…
Awesome thank you for the feed back I appreciate it. I am sure it’s just needs that time to break in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new