Protein skimmer level keeps drastically dropping

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys any suggestions would be much appreciated, so I’ve had this skimmer for about 2 months now and until the beginning of this week I’ve had no issue. 3 days ago I went to check on it and found the the level was dropping about an inch in the span of a couple second and would proceed to climb back to where it was only to drop again once it got there, I’ll attach the link to a video I have of it doing it.https://youtube.com/shorts/gesLfbd_Udo?feature=share
As for what I’ve done, the skimmer is a max spect jump sk series, I have pulled it apart, cleaned everything, used a toothbrush to clean both needle impellers, found a loose needle cap that was siliconed on and resiliconned it back in place to match the one on the other side, and checked to make sure the gate valve was secure, after doing all this I tried it again and it worked for a day and then started doing it again, I cleaned it again, double checked the silicon job, still secure and in place and checked the needle impellers for debris. All is okay. Is there anything I’m missing?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
J

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
That would be great man thanks, I did manage to get it working but I’m not really sure what it was, I just pulled the thing apart and put it back together 3 times, hopefully someone will know why in case it happens again

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back