Protein Skimmer problem

cs270

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got this protein skimmer. It is the coral life medium size. Got it set up, finally broken in and skimming great. It is set up as a hang on as I do not have a sump. The problem is the in take motor tube keep falling off, thus spewing water all over my living room. It has happened twice, always at night so I wake up to about 5 gallons of water on my floor. Any tips on how to stop the intake from falling off? I have not set it back up yet as my floors can’t take another dumping of water. I need a solution. Some ideas I had are, suction cupping the motor onto the glass or somehow finding an acrylic stand for the motor to rest on.
 
You could use reef safe superglue I bet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new