Protein skimmer recommendations?

Jjd531

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I have been protein skimmer-less for about 3 months now because my icecap nano burned out on me and I could use recommendations for something better. My tank is 65 gallons with a 10 gallon sump which I plan to upgrade to a 20 tall soon which means I'll be able to hold a better size skimmer. The tank is a mixed reef, sps lps, softies, probably close to 60 pieces, and is what id consider to be heavily stocked, I have an anthias, 2 clownfish, 2 damsels, a yellow watchman, a mandarin, and a cardinal. I have also been battling algae in the display which wasn't a problem before my skimmer crapped out and was just in the sump, now necessitating my need for a new protein skimmer. I would prefer to spend less than 180- 200$ on it. It would also be nice if it was a brand I could easily get replacement parts for im the event something stops working or breaks. If anyone has any recommendations, taking into consideration my setup; or just want to share what brand you use that would be great. Thanks!

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquavitro division 125. I think that's the smaller one..I don't know what they cost.
Get a small sicce pump 1-1.5x gph flow your your volume and add it to the 2nd pump inlet. Best skimmer I've ever had.
Hths you

D

OP
OP
Jjd531

Jjd531

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquavitro division 125. I think that's the smaller one..I don't know what they cost.
Get a small sicce pump 1-1.5x gph flow your your volume and add it to the 2nd pump inlet. Best skimmer I've ever had.
Hths you

D
Gonna check them out, thank you!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back