Protein Skimmer

D_0827

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me if this is how it’s supposed to be running?
Just turned this on today, bought used.
It was overflowing terribly but I elevated the thing and now it seems to be working Ok?

Attachments

• IMG_3650.mov
    23.4 MB

zfisk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t view the picture you attached but I know when I purchased my skimmer they recommended cleaning thoroughly with white vinegar prior to using or it would over skim for a while.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have padding in your sump? Without soaking and rinsing it, the skimmer will go nuts and you will have to do a bunch of water changes.

As pictured, a "wet" skimmer collects water in the basket. A skimmer set on "dry" will collect the dirt more on the sides of the inside column. It depends on how high you have the bubbles set which way it runs.

Look up the directions on the company website which should state at what elevation the water should be in your sump for it to run propertly.

OP
OP
D

D_0827

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have padding in your sump? Without soaking and rinsing it, the skimmer will go nuts and you will have to do a bunch of water changes.

As pictured, a "wet" skimmer collects water in the basket. A skimmer set on "dry" will collect the dirt more on the sides of the inside column. It depends on how high you have the bubbles set which way it runs.

Look up the directions on the company website which should state at what elevation the water should be in your sump for it to run propertly.

I will have to check if it’s on wet or dry, I have it in the lowest setting to start
Thank you

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 152 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back