PS5 Gamers

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have a PS5 yet and what are you playing? What games are you looking forward to playing that haven’t come out yet.

I’ve been primarily playing my PS4 games and recently started Shadow of War.

Last edited:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same and was about to give up. Signed up for some Twitter feeds that helped me get one from Walmart.

There is a guy on our local facebook community sales forum that keeps selling them and the new xbox for $900. He gets mad when I posts that I hope he is going to pay income tax on the profits. He just says he went to college and he knows he doesn't have to pay any tax on it. What an idiot.

My son got his back in November from some twitter feed. Woke me up at 3am asking for my credit card. Got it from Best Buy. They actually had it setup where they would email you a code that you had to put in to finish the check out process so the bots couldn't get the consoles. When I went to pick it up I had to do curb side, I thought the pour kid bringing it out was going to get mobbed before he made it to my car.

I think he now regrets getting it, it was more the hunt. He has maybe played it a few hours. Says there is nothing really to do on it. His sister has actually played it a lot more than him.

OP
OP
Pau Hana Reefer

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a guy on our local facebook community sales forum that keeps selling them and the new xbox for $900. He gets mad when I posts that I hope he is going to pay income tax on the profits. He just says he went to college and he knows he doesn't have to pay any tax on it. What an idiot.

My son got his back in November from some twitter feed. Woke me up at 3am asking for my credit card. Got it from Best Buy. They actually had it setup where they would email you a code that you had to put in to finish the check out process so the bots couldn't get the consoles. When I went to pick it up I had to do curb side, I thought the pour kid bringing it out was going to get mobbed before he made it to my car.

I think he now regrets getting it, it was more the hunt. He has maybe played it a few hours. Says there is nothing really to do on it. His sister has actually played it a lot more than him.

I also no longer agree with the resellers... but I also understand being in that position. I did the same with Wii back when I was in college and struggling with money. But being in a different place in life, I have other avenues to make that money. Not to mention I’d rather some kid get one on Christmas morning. I’m a grown man who remembers the Atari 2600. lol

Awesome your son got one too. And he nailed it... there aren’t enough games out there to warrant “needing” one now. I’m struggling to find anything that is both fun and able to showcase the system’s capabilities. I’m glad I didn’t invest too much time and effort into finding one, and certainly glad I didn’t pay more than retail price.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My wife is the bigger gamer, but like your son, it was about the hunt for awhile before I gave up. Right now there not any new games we want to play

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am actually refusing to buy one at this point considering how badly Sony handled it and pretty much handed all of them so scalpers.... Maybe I am alone in this boat, but I stopped looking.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually refusing to buy one at this point considering how badly Sony handled it and pretty much handed all of them so scalpers.... Maybe I am alone in this boat, but I stopped looking.

I'm not sure it is a Sony "problem". Their only other option would have been to delay the launch by several months until they had what they thought was enough supply and then who knows if that would have been enough. They were in a no win situation. A lot of computer items are in short supply. Name brand power supplies have been hard to find for many months. I usually can walk into my local Microcenter and have 30+ to choose from, now I might have 5 and they are brands I've never heard of. Same is true with Nvidia and their new video cards and AMD and their new cpu and video cards. It is probably harder to get a nvidia video card than a PS5. I still can't believe they are having problems keeping a $1700 video card in stock. Last I heard Evga started a wait list for nvidia cards back in early December. I think they were up over 20,000 after just a week or 2. They said it would take many months to fill that many orders.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to get one online from Walmart.. I got it and started playing Assassins Creed, then Ghost of Tsushima went on sale for Christmas and I bought that and played it until I beat it.. great game. I guess it’s back to AC until some new games come out.

As far as people who haven’t gotten one yet I would say don’t give up.. try following Wario64 on Twitter... he is usually spot on with drops.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure it is a Sony "problem". Their only other option would have been to delay the launch by several months until they had what they thought was enough supply and then who knows if that would have been enough. They were in a no win situation. A lot of computer items are in short supply. Name brand power supplies have been hard to find for many months. I usually can walk into my local Microcenter and have 30+ to choose from, now I might have 5 and they are brands I've never heard of. Same is true with Nvidia and their new video cards and AMD and their new cpu and video cards. It is probably harder to get a nvidia video card than a PS5. I still can't believe they are having problems keeping a $1700 video card in stock. Last I heard Evga started a wait list for nvidia cards back in early December. I think they were up over 20,000 after just a week or 2. They said it would take many months to fill that many orders.

This is actually easilly solvable for anyone who wants to solve it - and wanting to solve it is key here. Require a Playstation account to buy one, require it to be older than a year, limit 1 console per account, until you reach enough penetration where opening it up is a no-brainer. This isn't a new issue, it's been like this since PS2. Sony simply don't care.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Family Siblings GIF by Xbox

OP
OP
Pau Hana Reefer

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to get one online from Walmart.. I got it and started playing Assassins Creed, then Ghost of Tsushima went on sale for Christmas and I bought that and played it until I beat it.. great game. I guess it’s back to AC until some new games come out.

As far as people who haven’t gotten one yet I would say don’t give up.. try following Wario64 on Twitter... he is usually spot on with drops.

How are it liking Assassin’s Creed so far?

And +1 to Wario64 on a Twitter. There are a few other really good Twitter feeds including PS5StockAlerts and Spieltimes... some that include “add to cart” links that helps bypass the overloaded shopping cart and checkout systems.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are it liking Assassin’s Creed so far?

And +1 to Wario64 on a Twitter. There are a few other really good Twitter feeds including PS5StockAlerts and Spieltimes... some that include “add to cart” links that helps bypass the overloaded shopping cart and checkout systems.
So far AC it’s pretty awesome, although I haven’t gotten to far into it.. I’ve also heard the game is long which is good while I wait for new games to come out.

I agree there are some good feeds, when I was looking heavy I think I checked them all out.. all together I got one for myself one for my brother and one for a co-worker by following them.. so they definitely help.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually easilly solvable for anyone who wants to solve it - and wanting to solve it is key here. Require a Playstation account to buy one, require it to be older than a year, limit 1 console per account, until you reach enough penetration where opening it up is a no-brainer. This isn't a new issue, it's been like this since PS2. Sony simply don't care.

So you want to leave out new users or parents who are buying for their kids? You would also alienate all the retailers who wouldn't be able to sell them which probably isn't a good idea.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you want to leave out new users or parents who are buying for their kids? You would also alienate all the retailers who wouldn't be able to sell them which probably isn't a good idea.
Yes, I would prefer that, vs. all the same new users buying them for 2k on eBay as you can't get any anyway. Read some news articles, there's a scalper that made 200k off of Ps5s.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would prefer that, vs. all the same new users buying them for 2k on eBay as you can't get any anyway. Read some news articles, there's a scalper that made 200k off of Ps5s.
Well, I'm sure if that is actually true and not just him/her embellishing the truth, the IRS probably has them on their "audit" list. They would love to get their cut of that $200k plus interest and penalties.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm almost 35 gaming since Atari I still don't get why people want 1st gen's always problems but worse these days it takes almost a year or more for them to develop game's that actually take advantage of hardware

Back