Pterois Volitan with Cleaner Wrasse

vaguelyreeflike

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2022
Messages
624
Reaction score
489
Location
Alberta, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read so much mixed info online, some people say it worked for them with their volitan, others say theirs ate the wrasse.
So as I understand it, it’s 50/50.

Our lionfish lives in our ‘live’ rock tank, so obviously if disease happens in that tank from cross contamination or something, we can’t dose copper or medicate really, and moving him around is not an option, so we need something other than salinity and temperature if possible.

Should I do it? Opinions? Experiences?

I understand there is a massive chance he’s just going to eat it, but would it help if I conditioned them together so he could see it but couldn’t eat it, and gauge his reaction?

Id like to add also that he has opened his mouth to let me jet water in there with the pipette when I’m checking his salinity, and it looked like he was wanting to be cleaned, which gave me the hope lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new