puffer fish

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a valentino and a blue spotted puffer. they get along great. always hanging with each other. I noticed that the blue spotted puffer has gone after my zoas. besides zoa corals I have a devils hand leather, florida ricardo mushroom, 2 green star polyps maybe 4 of them. they are multiplying which is fine. I may put it on the back glass. 2 torches and 2 hammers, a couple sps corals but not sure what they are off the top of my head. I have noticed they haven't messed with any other corals other than the zoas/polyps. what other corals will I be safe getting to put in the tank that they might not pick at / destroy if any?

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a valentino and a blue spotted puffer. they get along great. always hanging with each other. I noticed that the blue spotted puffer has gone after my zoas. besides zoa corals I have a devils hand leather, florida ricardo mushroom, 2 green star polyps maybe 4 of them. they are multiplying which is fine. I may put it on the back glass. 2 torches and 2 hammers, a couple sps corals but not sure what they are off the top of my head. I have noticed they haven't messed with any other corals other than the zoas/polyps. what other corals will I be safe getting to put in the tank that they might not pick at / destroy if any?
I also have a sand sifting star fish and 5 brittle star fish. never see them they hide under the rocks and only come out at night..

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers are not ideal in reef. They can nip at coral. They also need something to wear down their teeth like rock or stony coral/inverts. Best in fish only.

Z Burn's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, not ideal in reef. I actually acclimated green spotted puffers from brackish to full salt water and kept them in my reef. They were the talk of most guests...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back