puffer fish

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a valentino and a blue spotted puffer. they get along great. always hanging with each other. I noticed that the blue spotted puffer has gone after my zoas. besides zoa corals I have a devils hand leather, florida ricardo mushroom, 2 green star polyps maybe 4 of them. they are multiplying which is fine. I may put it on the back glass. 2 torches and 2 hammers, a couple sps corals but not sure what they are off the top of my head. I have noticed they haven't messed with any other corals other than the zoas/polyps. what other corals will I be safe getting to put in the tank that they might not pick at / destroy if any?

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a valentino and a blue spotted puffer. they get along great. always hanging with each other. I noticed that the blue spotted puffer has gone after my zoas. besides zoa corals I have a devils hand leather, florida ricardo mushroom, 2 green star polyps maybe 4 of them. they are multiplying which is fine. I may put it on the back glass. 2 torches and 2 hammers, a couple sps corals but not sure what they are off the top of my head. I have noticed they haven't messed with any other corals other than the zoas/polyps. what other corals will I be safe getting to put in the tank that they might not pick at / destroy if any?
I also have a sand sifting star fish and 5 brittle star fish. never see them they hide under the rocks and only come out at night..

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers are not ideal in reef. They can nip at coral. They also need something to wear down their teeth like rock or stony coral/inverts. Best in fish only.

Z Burn's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, not ideal in reef. I actually acclimated green spotted puffers from brackish to full salt water and kept them in my reef. They were the talk of most guests...

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back