Puffer for reefer 250

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I recently set up a reefer 250 and I’m looking into creating my stock list with a puffer. Currently, I have a baby mandarin, two clowns, a royal gramma, and a cleaner shrimp in the tank. We plan to get a few anthias, a diamond goby, and a Midas blenny in the future. I was wondering if I could add a small puffer to this mix. I was looking at Valentinis or blue spotted or leopard puffers. This is going to be a lps and softy dominated tank with maybe some easy sps in the future.
Which puffer do you recommend if I can have one? And I know this is a risk for corals and inverts, but I’ve also heard they are aggressive to fish. Do you think it would attack my mandarin? It’s very small, only about an inch and a half. Also, is there any way I can keep it from eating my cleaner shrimp? I’ve heard of some ways but haven’t heard of any success stories. Also, I plan to add it in slowly with a breeder box to let it meet the other fish too, I plan to do that with every fish I add so they get used to each other first.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back