Pull or Push ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yanir34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yanir34

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2019
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,186
Location
Israel
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers , I want to hear your opinion:
which is bette - pull or push method , at calcium reactor ?
I know that each method has its pros and cons .
For the pull method , It's just pulling water through the reactor with Kamoer FXTP pump.

for the push method , It's just pushing water through the reactor with power head or DC pump.

the reactor is GEO 618 .

what is your favorite method ?
 
I use a cheap dosing pump for my kalkwasser, but if I had to choose one of the methods you mention, I'd go for push because it means the pump only has to handle water, and not the solute which will cause blockages over time, increasing pump wear and maintenance.
 
I use a cheap dosing pump for my kalkwasser, but if I had to choose one of the methods you mention, I'd go for push because it means the pump only has to handle water, and not the solute which will cause blockages over time, increasing pump wear and maintenance.
Thanks !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new