OP
OP
Roboson

Roboson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it mean if the hands aren't completely closing? Mine's hands just sort of half close and reopen.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in my tank should this guy go? I got a small frag really cheap at the LFS today on a whim, but it seems like he doesn't want to attach anywhere in my tank.
I love mine but being new to corals didn't realize how quickly it would spread. Put it somewhere that you can control it, like on a rock you can move. around. Mine is on the main part of reef and well entrenched and spreading quickly.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it mean if the hands aren't completely closing? Mine's hands just sort of half close and reopen.
different from species to species, AND, its gonna change. Wait:D

Sometimes its like they are applauding me, waving pulsating..... Then some days its like"WHHAAAAA!!!! You killing us!!! Makes me feel less bad when I cut em off with scissors and toss em.:)
Seriously, its like chato. but it waves at you...:eek::confused:

OP
OP
Roboson

Roboson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! That Xenia tank (which it is) is crazy. I'll keep an eye on mine, but it's on it's own rock right now. And in a corner. I can't see it ever getting that dominant in my 10g.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1463088784.501729.jpg

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia will spread, but if you want to control it feed less.

In a dirty tank it will grow like a weed, in a very clean tank it will be hard to keep alive.

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! That Xenia tank (which it is) is crazy. I'll keep an eye on mine, but it's on it's own rock right now. And in a corner. I can't see it ever getting that dominant in my 10g.

lol, famous last words... Seriously, if I were you I wouldn't let that rock anywhere near the sides of the tank or the rockwork. Xenia will spread to any place it touches. I love it but I've been overrun and it's dang near impossible to stop it once it gets going. Resist the temptation to let it spread. If you want more, put another isolated rock next to it and let it jump over but whatever you do keep it isolated on the sandbed or you'll likely regret it later.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back