pulsing xenia will not pulse

SourMonkey55

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a big frag of pulsing xenia from my local fish store. When I was at the store they seemed to be pulsing a lot, but as soon as I brought them home they stopped pulsing. I was thinking this may be because they have to much flow but, I would hate to remove the flow and my new pulsing xenias die.
 
My phosphates and nitrates are probably a lot higher than they should be. Phosphate is 0.49 and nitrate is 25.

Xenia loves a high nutrient tank and it requires iodine. Those numbers are not to high for Xenia, in fact growth should explode with those nutrients. Give it a few days.
 
This is just anecdotal but - I found, in my tank, if I move the xenia lower in the tank it stops pulsing. When I move it up high, closer to the light, it will start pulsing again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new