Pulsing xenia

aerialdronemaster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2020
Messages
266
Reaction score
72
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

My pulsing xenia is growing super big, I attached to an another rock and keeps growing .
I would like to move it to my new tank.
How can I do it safely ? I don't want to move the rock.
Cab I cut the xenia very close by the rock and glue it to the drag,?or it will damage , kill the coral?

Thank you

Tom
 
Hello

My pulsing xenia is growing super big, I attached to an another rock and keeps growing .
I would like to move it to my new tank.
How can I do it safely ? I don't want to move the rock.
Cab I cut the xenia very close by the rock and glue it to the drag,?or it will damage , kill the coral?

Thank you

Tom
It's super easy to do and I will be doing some this weekend. Will try to get some video for you.

Basically, cut it off the rock with a razor blade as close to the rock as you can. There's a couple of ways to get it on a frag plug or rubble. Some people stick toothpicks through the flesh and rubber band the toothpicks to a plug/rock, others use fishing line or thin rubber bands to hold the frag down to the plug/rock. What I've been doing is putting the cut frags in a floating basket full of small rubble. After a few days, they'll attach to their favorite piece of rubble on their own. You can then glue that rock to a plug, or just leave it as a rubble frag.

They're pretty flaccid and slimy when out of the water, so supergluing directly to a plug/rock would be difficult.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new