Pump and powerheads what to get?

Specs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my first “big tank” (100g) upgrading from a 20g I’ve had for over a year now. What pump and power head setup do y’all recommend? Fork over the cash for the Neptune apex system equipment? Go with the eco tech pump and Powerheads on opposite sides? A different wave maker setup or what?

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my first “big tank” (100g) upgrading from a 20g I’ve had for over a year now. What pump and power head setup do y’all recommend? Fork over the cash for the Neptune apex system equipment? Go with the eco tech pump and Powerheads on opposite sides? A different wave maker setup or what?
So many choices, so many variables.

Open scape or rock wall

Sps dominant or mixed reef

Sand or no sand.

So many poweheads do a great job.

I knew how I was gonna scape so I went gyres as my scape is open with lots of caves for flow.

Mixed reef so I have huge flow up top and the rock work breaks it up for down low

OP
OP
Specs

Specs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many choices, so many variables.

Open scape or rock wall

Sps dominant or mixed reef

Sand or no sand.

So many poweheads do a great job.

I knew how I was gonna scape so I went gyres as my scape is open with lots of caves for flow.

Mixed reef so I have huge flow up top and the rock work breaks it up for down low

I’m planning on a mixed reef w/sand. Something along the lines scape wise like these pictures I’ve been saving. Nothing set in stone yet.... lol, just wanting to have a pretty good plan together and go into this and do it right since the wife is cutting me off after this one . So far I have the tank stand, lights, sump, skimmer and a box of rocks. I want as many caves, over hangs and swim through as I can come up with and still look good, all while making sure I’ve got the right flow through out.
0816025F-ABED-4BFE-9970-1419DA0C3FA7.jpeg
E4AB2753-9370-421E-9399-C89F257788E0.jpeg
F5083414-589A-436A-BA4F-0F196673526E.jpeg
C62A8E02-E411-4FA2-ADE8-E23D74DD8389.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back