Pump controller stopped working?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
1,466
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my pump controller suddenly stopped working and now just blinks per the video here…

I’ve tried unplugging it a few times, but each time I plug it back in I get the same.

Does this mean it’s dead, or is there a fix?

 
Hydor Seltz D DC pump with controller.

Fortunately I have a backup so that’s plugged in now, but ideally I’d like to not see this one get trashed.
 
Is your back up pump the same? If so you can narrow it down to the controller or powersupply being the issue (power supplies being the problem is more likely with dc pumps)
 
Is your back up pump the same? If so you can narrow it down to the controller or powersupply being the issue (power supplies being the problem is more likely with dc pumps)
Backup is identical. I forgot I had it when I first posted but when I remembered I just switched the controller and everything works great. so the tank is fine. At this point I’m trying to work out if the other one can be salvaged.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new