PUMP FAILED HELP

ileas12:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my current USA pump power supply was fried and isn’t working because my auto top off spilled water on it. What do I do? There is no heat going to the tank since the heaters are in the sump

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree, get the heaters into the display. That resolves the immediate issue and gives you a day or two to get new pump. The tank will be fine without the skimmer.

OP
OP
ileas12:

ileas12:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m more worried about temp and what to do for an alternative. Do they sell the power supply?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m more worried about temp and what to do for an alternative. Do they sell the power supply?
Ask @Sarah24! shes on a first name basis with current USA warranty department ;)

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good advice so far, no need to worry about temp if you move the heaters to the DT. Not sure about the power supply but you should be able to get one, if you have a good relationship with your lfs see if they will let you borrow one until you can get a new one

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my current USA pump power supply was fried and isn’t working because my auto top off spilled water on it. What do I do? There is no heat going to the tank since the heaters are in the sump

Hello,

Which pump or model do you have? I have lol errr dropped mine in water and nothing happened. Are these the dc return pumps or eflux (well both are eflux ) wave makers? It may not be the actual pump but could be the dc control box (if that was soaked then it will probably be ruined. I know Brandon and Ike really well and it’s faster to message them on Facebook then calling and or email. They have small staff so can’t always answer but they are super super amazing to work with. I had three wave makers fail at the exact same time, and they replaced them for me. Just be able to send pics of your pumps and the serial number tag which is on the cord on all of them. If your dc box is the issue I have lol ahhh lots you can have one. The power supply are not cheap so I’d check with warranty first through current. It took them 2 days for them to send me all new stuff. They are extremely fast at replacing things and amazing group.

OP
OP
ileas12:

ileas12:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a dc pump, the power supply that connects to the controller was in the water
Hello,

Which pump or model do you have? I have lol errr dropped mine in water and nothing happened. Are these the dc return pumps or eflux (well both are eflux ) wave makers? It may not be the actual pump but could be the dc control box (if that was soaked then it will probably be ruined. I know Brandon and Ike really well and it’s faster to message them on Facebook then calling and or email. They have small staff so can’t always answer but they are super super amazing to work with. I had three wave makers fail at the exact same time, and they replaced them for me. Just be able to send pics of your pumps and the serial number tag which is on the cord on all of them. If your dc box is the issue I have lol ahhh lots you can have one. The power supply are not cheap so I’d check with warranty first through current. It took them 2 days for them to send me all new stuff. They are extremely fast at replacing things and amazing group.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They do sell it and you can buy anyone really but you should just message them on Facebook first. More than likely they will just send you a brand new one, and you can save 90 dollars. Just don’t panic they are amazing group to work with.

Oops just saw this and yeah that will do it. Honestly I dropped their marine pro 72 inch in my 240, which is an 800 dollar light, and they sent me a new one in 2 days. Most of the time when something happens it’s because I did something in error. I have yet owned anything of theirs that just broke on me.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As others have said - put the heaters in the display (*and whatever 'probe' you use to control the heaters. It would also be a good idea to have some flow (a powerhead? spare) in the sump to maintain oxygenation - depending on whats in there - if you have a skimmer, etc thats enough - just run that - it would be nice if you could keep your sump warm at the same temp as the tank - but thats probably less important (depending on whats in your sump - if you have a refugium with a lot of stuff - be more careful - overnight i.e. until you can get another pump/heater should not be an issue)

OP
OP
ileas12:

ileas12:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do sell it and you can buy anyone really but you should just message them on Facebook first. More than likely they will just send you a brand new one, and you can save 90 dollars. Just don’t panic they are amazing group to work with.

Oops just saw this and yeah that will do it. Honestly I dropped their marine pro 72 inch in my 240, which is an 800 dollar light, and they sent me a new one in 2 days. Most of the time when something happens it’s because I did something in error. I have yet owned anything of theirs that just broke on me.
I went to their facebook page and messaged them

OP
OP
ileas12:

ileas12:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I didndt see anyone named brandon on the current usa main facebook page

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s usually Ike or Brandon which are the main two. They may have others but I have always asked for them. I’m sure you could ask for him. I will find the email as well. Just had faster response with Facebook messaging.

OP
OP
ileas12:

ileas12:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s usually Ike or Brandon which are the main two. They may have others but I have always asked for them. I’m sure you could ask for him. I will find the email as well. Just had faster response with Facebook messaging.
I messaged them and it said seen at 914 am lol still no response

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back