Pump feed Clarisea Roller mat or equivalent

Bos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone pump feed their Clarisea roller mat or equivalent brand?

Wondering if its viable, attach a DC/AC pump to the inlet of the Clarisea and set the pump in the overflow/skimmer chamber

I have a 525XL, quite like the sock/cup holders, I fill the cups with siporax or biosphere, have 2 mesh socks.

Jinko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is viable yes, but not as effective as catching everything from the overflow.

Tampa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up trying this? Thinking about putting a Sicce 3.0 in the return chamber and feeding it to the clarisea in another chamber. Figure it will do a good job still. Really don't want to remove the sock trays either.

jelee01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I just completed this very project with my RS XL425 v3 sump. Installed a Clarisea sk-3000 in the fuge area and a jebao DC pump in the overflow/drain section. I tuned the jebao pump speed to capture most of the drain water and send it across/over the filter socks into the Clarisea. I like the filter cups for various media and to allow some ‘dirty’ water to bypass the Clarisea. I use apex code to shut off this pump during feed mode or maintenance so as not to run the drain chamber dry when my main return pump is slowed down or off. And, also placed a optical sensor in that same chamber as a fail-safe/redundancy. When return pump < 20W then the jebao shuts off. Same if the optical sensor is ever triggered. It’s working perfectly. Hope this helps someone.

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m thinking about something similar for an XL300, although I might put a DC pump under the ClariSea in the fuge section. Are you willing to share any pics of your setup?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back