Pump for ASM G2 skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tropboi561
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tropboi561

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
1
Location
West Palm Beach, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my pump for my skimmer is dead. I bought a new impeller thinking that was it. The pump is a Sedra 3500 with 350 gph. So my question is, can I use a different pump on the skimmer.
 
You can if you can get the new pump to fit, won't be a problem. But I believe those skimmers are pump specific like the Reef Octopus, so I'd stick with the same pump, unless you are a good DIY.
 
I tried the sedra 5000 thinking I could soup up mine... Too much flow. Just get the same pump.
 
same pump or another pump with same gph as original and may need to mod some plumbing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new