Pump for reactor manifold.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Slowly running out of space for individual pumps. Currently running, 1 gac reactor with purigen and gac, and a gfo reactor.

Wish to separate the purigen to its own reactor.

Both currently run off mj1200. What could i run all three off of, after i add the third one.
I do not wish to run these off my return.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm might just go with another eflux pump then. Similar gph and have no issues with my other ones. And can turn off and on with app.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm might just go with another eflux pump then. Similar gph and have no issues with my other ones. And can turn off and on with app.
I am a huge advocate for Reef Octopus Varios pumps. I run two varios 6 one on my skimmer and one as my return which controls my manifold of 4 outlets, only 1 being used currently for a carbon reactor. It has a little controller box and comes with a float switch Incase water levels get too high anywhere ( I have one in my sump for my skimmer and one in my overflow Incase it ever got triggered by something getting stuck in the overflow it would cut the power to the return pump. I’d recommend them and great customer support

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge advocate for Reef Octopus Varios pumps. I run two varios 6 one on my skimmer and one as my return which controls my manifold of 4 outlets, only 1 being used currently for a carbon reactor. It has a little controller box and comes with a float switch Incase water levels get too high anywhere ( I have one in my sump for my skimmer and one in my overflow Incase it ever got triggered by something getting stuck in the overflow it would cut the power to the return pump. I’d recommend them and great customer support

Would a varios 2 be sufficient? They are all small reactors and only the gfo needs to tumble.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a varios 2 be sufficient? They are all small reactors and only the gfo needs to tumble.
I would assume so. Maybe look at the v4 just Incase you wanted to upgrade what you were doing with it down the line. I think I paid around $230 for both of mine last year during black Friday and then amazon matched brs when they were out of stock. I currently run my return pump on the level 2 setting and that’s plenty of flow to get my gfo to tumble and pump water to my tank. Whenever I try to do level 3 my overflow just can’t quite handle it.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume so. Maybe look at the v4 just Incase you wanted to upgrade what you were doing with it down the line. I think I paid around $230 for both of mine last year during black Friday and then amazon matched brs when they were out of stock. I currently run my return pump on the level 2 setting and that’s plenty of flow to get my gfo to tumble and pump water to my tank. Whenever I try to do level 3 my overflow just can’t quite handle it.
Thanks!

Ordered the third reactor, brs mini with an extra hard shell. This will be the purigen reactor as this one is rechargeable will make recharge and swap easier.
Have a few spare mag drive pumps i can run it on till i decide(they are loud so not a permanent choice lol).

Carbon is in an aquatop reactor.

And gfo in a somatic fluidized reactor.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back