Pump Recommendations for a Water Change Station

The Gas Man

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wrapping up my tank and QT tank and want to add a water change station before I start them. The places I’ve shopped before just aren’t maintaining their tanks as well as in the past. Which has me wondering how well they maintain their water production area. So I’ve decided to just build my station now.

I will probably do the two Brute Trash can method. I’m open as to plumbing size. I will only need to send water about ten feet or so horizontally and maybe three feet vertically.

What pump do you recommend for that job? Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new