Pump suggestion for replacing Aqualifter as ATO pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter hhaase
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hhaase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
425
Reaction score
345
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could use a suggestion on a pump to replace the Aqualifter that I've been using as an ATO pump for the past few years, which finally died on me. Aqualifters never were the most reliable pump in the first place, so I knew I was always on borrowed time, and the reviews of the Kohler versions are horrid.

I have the ATO levels controlled by my Profilux, via a powerbar, and the water storage is 2 rooms away from the reef tank. Running the line was a pain, and it's standard ice maker tube like you'd use for a fridge.

So I have a pretty simple set of criteria that seem to be hard to fit. 110v power, can connect to standard aquarium air lines, and is reliable.
 
BRS dosing pump. I run a 50ml minute one as an ATO pump on my 8g nano and it works great. I use an old JBJ ATO unit so like you I need a pump with a normal 110v plug.
I had thought of those, but I forgot to add that I've got a 150 gallon.

Judging by reviews the BRS pumps don't last on larger tanks.
 
I had thought of those, but I forgot to add that I've got a 150 gallon.

Judging by reviews the BRS pumps don't last on larger tanks.
Ya it would probably be too slow for your purpose. I've used old mighty jet pumps but they won't work with air line, I used silicone tubing.

I've found the 50ml pump very reliable. The pump I'm using as an ATO was also used to dose 7 liters of kalk a day for almost six years prior to becoming an ATO pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new