Pump water through RODI system without faucet

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, i already have this pump on hand its a mp1200 i use to mix my saltwater, same sizes 3/4" intake 1/2" output, im guessing all the equipment you linked will work with it?
1675094408160.png
Yes it will work! I would use it as @theMeat recommended

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everyone I used the method where I put water through RO, then into brute to degass for a day, then use mj pump through Di. It worked great. Trying it again right now and the pump doesn’t seem to have enough power to go through the Di canisters anymore. Last week I had the Di canisters on the ground next to trash can but since then I had to move stuff around in garage so the Di is on a shelf almost level with the top of the two trash cans. Will this really not work if the Di canisters are slightly above the trash cans and not on the ground? I have double checked every connection on the canisters and don’t see where the problem is.

Note worthy

my current Di system is the two canisters of mixed bed from BRS 6 stage 150gpd

I also got three stage Di system that has cation, anion, and mixed bed so I want to use that soon but idk if mj pump has power for three canisters?

I just received booster pump for ro and utility pump I plan on using to make water changes easier. Maybe I can use utility pump? Don’t know ideal Gph for just Di stage.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everyone I used the method where I put water through RO, then into brute to degass for a day, then use mj pump through Di. It worked great. Trying it again right now and the pump doesn’t seem to have enough power to go through the Di canisters anymore. Last week I had the Di canisters on the ground next to trash can but since then I had to move stuff around in garage so the Di is on a shelf almost level with the top of the two trash cans. Will this really not work if the Di canisters are slightly above the trash cans and not on the ground? I have double checked every connection on the canisters and don’t see where the problem is.

Note worthy

my current Di system is the two canisters of mixed bed from BRS 6 stage 150gpd

I also got three stage Di system that has cation, anion, and mixed bed so I want to use that soon but idk if mj pump has power for three canisters?

I just received booster pump for ro and utility pump I plan on using to make water changes easier. Maybe I can use utility pump? Don’t know ideal Gph for just Di stage.
I replied to your DM

What size pump are you using?
The head on the mj pumps isnt really the best so thats likely your issue. I have the top of my rodi skid level with the top of my RO degassing bin.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i just remembered that we told you to install the pump with the venturi intake hooked up to help airate the water.

This will need to be removed so you get full suction from the container and arent feeding airated water into the canisters.

Thats why i like using a seperate airstone and a smaller mj600 pump pointed straight up to airate the water then plug in the mj1200 thats already hooked up to pump through resins.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the di lower than tank you definitely have stronger flow. If the di is raised your psi goes down, so a bigger pump would remedy.
It’s easy enough to remove the air tubing from pump, but as long as the end is underwater it’s as strong as normal. Because yeah, when pulling air into pump you disturb the water from getting organized and the pump is not nearly as strong as far as gph pumped.

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replied to your DM

What size pump are you using?
The head on the mj pumps isnt really the best so thats likely your issue. I have the top of my rodi skid level with the top of my RO degassing bin.
I have the newa mp1200 it’s the equivalent to the mj 1200. I use the Venturi to aerate and then take it off and put on the adapter you sent me to pump through Di. I think it’s just not enough flow because even when it is working it’s barely BARELY a trickle. I have the sicce utility pump thats 793 gph. Would that be way too much through just the Di?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the newa mp1200 it’s the equivalent to the mj 1200. I use the Venturi to aerate and then take it off and put on the adapter you sent me to pump through Di. I think it’s just not enough flow because even when it is working it’s barely BARELY a trickle. I have the sicce utility pump thats 793 gph. Would that be way too much through just the Di?
Have you measured the output over the course of an hour?

Fwiw its a very slow trickle. It should flow through the resins at the same rating of the membrane.
5g takes a little less than an hour with my mj1200 so its right around 100gpd.

Im also at a 5:1 ratio though.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • D/C

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Both

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 10 16.4%
Back