Pumpheads

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time. I'm trying to make sure I have this right with the flow in my tank. I took a couple pictures to better understand if I'm doing it right. if I need to change the position please draw a diagram so I know thank you.

20200805_000826.jpg 20200805_000800.jpg 20200805_000811.jpg 20200805_000813.jpg 20200805_000822.jpg

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of pumps are they? You should find a wave pump that can do random/different flow. If you have a constant pump you should look at the hydra wavemaker so it does it for you. Flow also depends on the size of your tank and what you are trying to do with the tank. If it’s only lps or soft corals, then Random isn’t needed but if sps is your goal then random is needed and a lot of it

OP
OP
Cdime712

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of pumps are they? You should find a wave pump that can do random/different flow. If you have a constant pump you should look at the hydra wavemaker so it does it for you. Flow also depends on the size of your tank and what you are trying to do with the tank. If it’s only lps or soft corals, then Random isn’t needed but if sps is your goal then random is needed and a lot of it
I have a fluval 13.5 Evo. My main goal is to have a good circulation in the nice flow going inside the tank for everything. so even if I have to buy a different pump to contribute to all that I would have but right now I have to pump so I'm just trying to make sure I have the right angle.

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 13.5 Evo. My main goal is to have a good circulation in the nice flow going inside the tank for everything. so even if I have to buy a different pump to contribute to all that I would have but right now I have to pump so I'm just trying to make sure I have the right angle.
It’s going to be a lot of trial and error. Even now with my tanks, I have to change them up every so often cause some of the corals don’t like it.

OP
OP
Cdime712

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going to be a lot of trial and error. Even now with my tanks, I have to change them up every so often cause some of the corals don’t like it.
Exactly that's what I'm trying to do and avoid.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest that you move them down in the tank (about 1/3 of the way) and angle them up and in towards the middle front glass. That will cause the water to roil nicely and greatly increase the oxygenation of the water for you.

As for how much total flow? That depends on what you plan on keeping. Soft corals and fish can get by with about 20x, while LPS prefer 30-40x, and many SPS keepers aim for 60-80x. My SPS dominate mixed reef tops out at 80x+. but becasue the powerheads are programmable, it can fall down to as little as 40-50x

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back