Purified Water.....

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
Rite Aid purified water (by RO) checked with TDS meter several times on several different gallon jugs and TDS came back at a 2. I know that "0" is the best but 2 is OK right? 'm assuming so but figured ask. I tested distilled a few times and that was like a 7 or 8 TDS. One of my next purchases is a good 5 stage RODI unit but I've had to buy other things for tank first and just been using nutriwater for water changes (my tank is only 34 gallons) but that is getting old and expensive! The two LFS in my area do not sell RO / RODI water in salted or unsalted which sucks closes one that does sell is an hour each way from where I live.
Thanks!

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh. PROBABLY is OK for top off, but get your ro/di setup right away. Nothing better than clean WC.. The other issue is whatever that TDS is, you're adding it to the tank, and it will build up as you keep adding it. Even if you do WC, you're still adding it.. I know it sucks to shell out for Ro-di and things like that, but it makes a big difference in your corals health an dhappiness

OP
OP
Nhjmc

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh. PROBABLY is OK for top off, but get your ro/di setup right away. Nothing better than clean WC.. The other issue is whatever that TDS is, you're adding it to the tank, and it will build up as you keep adding it. Even if you do WC, you're still adding it.. I know it sucks to shell out for Ro-di and things like that, but it makes a big difference in your corals health an dhappiness
Thank u

OP
OP
Nhjmc

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not so much about shelling out the money it’s just how much water it wastes and I have to pay for my water so it’s like yikes cause I’ve heard every 1 gallon of RODI wastes 10 gallons of water

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not so much about shelling out the money it’s just how much water it wastes and I have to pay for my water so it’s like yikes cause I’ve heard every 1 gallon of RODI wastes 10 gallons of water

get a booster pump. and no its not 10:1

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back