Purple and Gold Torch help!

StephyC09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a beautiful purple and gold torch. It was doing very well until about 1.5 wks ago. It has developed a white area and has lost all of its color. It has not moved locations for well over 2 months until I moved it this morning. Is it getting bleached? It was not a cheap buy and i love this torch! In the photo where the red arrow is, was where the torch was and as you can see I moved it back under a rock shelf. I really don't want to lose it!

1229200852_HDR~2.jpg

OP
OP
StephyC09

StephyC09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an up close photo of it....

Attachments

• 1229200852.jpg
    1229200852.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
StephyC09

StephyC09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? Can you post a video so we can see the flow? That live rock/tank looks really new also.
We restarted out tank in August 2020. It had been sitting with the rocks and water for almost a year, no fish or coral. We had the rocks since we started the tank a couple years ago. As for lighting all I know is it is a LED light. I am checking water today. Since I moved the coral the flow will be slightly different but I will get a video

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s bleached/bleaching. Something is off in your water chemistry and/or lighting may be playing a part as well.

An overview of the system, tank size, lighting, flow, age, etc.... and current tests results will be needed to help further

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We restarted out tank in August 2020. It had been sitting with the rocks and water for almost a year, no fish or coral. We had the rocks since we started the tank a couple years ago. As for lighting all I know is it is a LED light. I am checking water today. Since I moved the coral the flow will be slightly different but I will get a video
For the barren time was there still water movement?

OP
OP
StephyC09

StephyC09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? Can you post a video so we can see the flow? That live rock/tank looks really new also.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back