Purple Dottyback

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad purchase...very impulsive. I was at my LFS today looking for Hikari spirulina mysis and made the mistake of turning right to look at the fish. I found a beautiful purple dottyback for $20. That little guy had the dumbest look on his face, I just had to get him. I figured I'd put him in my coral/invert QT. But, the longer I look at that stupid face, the more I like him. I want to put him in my 125g DT, but I already have a Royal Gramma and an orchid dottyback. If I go against my instinct and put him there as the last fish, will he torment other basslets? I also bought a six-line for $15 ( I mean, how can I not for $15).

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm you may be ok in a 125 if you have a lot of rock so they can avoid each other. I have an orchid dottyback in QT right now. Beautiful color.
I have 2 six lines in two separate tanks. Mine have been perfectly behaved. I'm not positive but I think many sixlines are placed in smaller tanks with too many other small fish and not enough rock. Both of mine spend the entire day cruising the rock work.

OP
OP
P

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. The Sixline is going to get in on the action too.

Maybe you will get lucky and they are all pacifists. :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
I must say, you're by far the corniest person on R2R. I love it. I am sure you have never passed up a dad joke when one presented itself.
I Love You GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say, you're by far the corniest person on R2R. I love it. I am sure you have never passed up a dad joke when one presented itself.
I Love You GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I was on a conference call yesterday and someone on there said almost the same thing.

I have to be careful cause some folks think I am trying to tear them down. I hate when things backfire. Reef oN!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back