Purple firefish behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter gsw0716
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gsw0716

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
119
Location
Fairfield, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a purple firefish goby in my 15 gallon for about a month now. Everyday, he's been active, swimming around and eating well, yesterday included. I woke up this morning and noticed he's not swimming around like he normally does. I came home and he still wasn't swimming, fearing the worst, I lifted my large rock that he likes to hide under and he was there alive, but just hovering, I dropped some food into the tank and he would usually tear it up, but this time he just stayed in the same place, ignoring it. I just find it odd that just yesterday he was eating like a pig and swimming around.
 
What other fish are in the tank? Have you tested your parameters recently?

Firefish IME is a timid fish that hides a lot. And when its out, it doesn't go far from the home cave, and will hide when people come near the tank.
 
I've had a purple firefish goby in my 15 gallon for about a month now. Everyday, he's been active, swimming around and eating well, yesterday included. I woke up this morning and noticed he's not swimming around like he normally does. I came home and he still wasn't swimming, fearing the worst, I lifted my large rock that he likes to hide under and he was there alive, but just hovering, I dropped some food into the tank and he would usually tear it up, but this time he just stayed in the same place, ignoring it. I just find it odd that just yesterday he was eating like a pig and swimming around.

Sudden onset of lethargy and not eating can be very serious.

More details are needed to try and diagnose this:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...sease-treatment-and-diagnosis-section.775547/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new