OP
OP
Heavymman

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After copper treatment is done, and the copper removed from the water column, it's a good idea to observe for a few days (7-10) to make sure the copper has done its work. Plus this give the fish's immune system time to re-coop. Copper is after all a poison.
I can’t wait to give them a break... I feel horrible

OP
OP
Heavymman

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! When it's all done your fish will be disease/parasite free and healthy.
Clowns are looking great today!!! Eating like no other... Hanna copper test kit came today... I had cupramine at .56, a little high but may be off because dosing Furan-2? Anyways last dose of Furan-2 was today so water change tomorrow and will adjust copper back down to .50. I can’t thank you all enough for you help and experience!!

OP
OP
Heavymman

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, quick update too keep optimism high in this doom or gloom area. Clowns are doing great! 10/24 is 30 days of copper treatment. Looking forward to getting them out of copper (I will treat after for 2 weeks with General cure for bulletproof treatment).

Does the cuprisorb really take out 100% of all the copper with water changes as well? I’m just trying to figure out how to treat my gear after the treatment.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, quick update too keep optimism high in this doom or gloom area. Clowns are doing great! 10/24 is 30 days of copper treatment. Looking forward to getting them out of copper (I will treat after for 2 weeks with General cure for bulletproof treatment).

Does the cuprisorb really take out 100% of all the copper with water changes as well? I’m just trying to figure out how to treat my gear after the treatment.
For tank and equipment cleanup after treatment:
Bleach, rinse, rinse, rinse, then dry. This removes biofilm/med film
Vinegar, rinse, rinse, rinse, then dry. This precipitates any remaining copper into a harmless form.
And if the tank has had a particularly nasty disease:
Do above plus hydrogen peroxide, rinse, rinse, rinse. This literally eats all carbon based materials that could be remaining some how.

OP
OP
Heavymman

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For tank and equipment cleanup after treatment:
Bleach, rinse, rinse, rinse, then dry. This removes biofilm/med film
Vinegar, rinse, rinse, rinse, then dry. This precipitates any remaining copper into a harmless form.
And if the tank has had a particularly nasty disease:
Do above plus hydrogen peroxide, rinse, rinse, rinse. This literally eats all carbon based materials that could be remaining some how.

Silly question, how to you transfer your QTed fish to the DT? Am I going nuts here?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Net the fish, keeping the fish in the net, rest the net into one of these containers with water from your DT.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 2.28.04 PM.png

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 75 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back