Purple Helix Coralline Algae In a Bottle

SaltyGroves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently got my bottle from ARC Reef here in Florida. I am excited to get this added to my new tank!

What are everyone's experiences with this product?

I think it's a really neat concept. The purple in my tank is artificial for the most part so I'm liking the idea of adding some real biodiversity!

20180523_144155.jpeg
20180523_144202.jpeg
20180523_211456.jpeg
20180523_144050.jpeg
20180522_133818.jpeg

OP
OP
SaltyGroves

SaltyGroves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and also I bought my bottle off of Amazon. I sent ARC a message asking them to send ASAP and they let me know exactly when it would be here. True to their word it was here on that day and I was able to be at the mailbox as soon as it was delivered to avoid the product baking in my mailbox! They are very responsive and on point!

Thanks ARC Reef [emoji16][emoji1303]

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed it's neat I didn't know they sold that. I'd use some as a boost. check mark for me it's good stuff and transfers really well among tanks in general, they've packed that with support goodies too I see

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will definitely check back in on this thread in a few weeks, hope to see a picture of someone scraping copious amounts of purple coraline algae off the tank glass . , just kidding, I do hope it gives you a good result you are looking for. and I hope to see a pic of the results. I tried purple up a few years ago on a nano and didn't have much success, just my experience. would be nice to have a all in one bottle to dose in a nano to get a good result.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 2 bottles to my new 75 build a couple months ago when I filled it. Well actually I waited a bit til ammonia dropped per bottle instructions. I actually added with still some ammonia as I was coming up on my use by date. I have a little bit of purple specs here and there. All my rock was bleached for a month prior to going in tank

OP
OP
SaltyGroves

SaltyGroves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dumped a half a bottle in my 10 gallon nano today . I will definitely follow up in the next couple months to report if it worked in my tank, or not.
I’m definitely curious if it works .

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m only 3 weeks in but nothing yet . The bottle says 4-8 weeks before I will see anything so .... I will update my experience in a few more weeks.
Ps u have the same name as my father in law. I thought that was hilarious.

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 weeks after adding the purple helix product I have yet to see any purple specs but I do see what I believe might be green specs of coralline algae, but I’m not sure.
Another reef2reef member pm me about the pink helix and it seemed to work for him.
I’m gonna be patient and hopefully it will work out for me.
All my parameters are exactly how the company suggests so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
IMG_6270.jpg
IMG_6271.jpg

Ps the rocks only look purple because of the lighting .

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told coralline starts as the green and turns purple. Not sure how much truth to that there is, but stay hopeful for sure.

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been nearly 9 weeks since I added purple helix,and I followed the instructions fully. I maintained all levels they recommended in order for the product to work, but still no purple spots at all.
I do have a bunch of green spots though. Not sure if it’s coralline, or not, but I purchased purple helix not green helix.
It’s possible I did something incorrectly but I did follow the instructions and held the parameters specified.
I would not use the product again, although buying the product does help a local reef project in Miami, so at least there’s that.

c2333003cd590e54822c338463436d91.jpg

rainmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't know what you have there but it sure don't look purple if its green coralline don't think I would care for it but thanks for info I believe I will pass on it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back