Purple marbling on orange setosa?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tektite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tektite

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
250
Reaction score
9
Location
Houston, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setosa is developing purple marbling on it. Anyone else have one like this? I can find a few pics with some green marbling, but not purple. To my knowledge no other coral has touched it to infect it with the purple pigment. Sorry for the dark pic, seems like photobucket's back to editing my photos on upload again, grr!

 
Pretty cool! Looks like some type of pigment transfer. Great pic.
 
I've been attempting to infect it with green pigment, certainly didn't expect purple to start showing up on its own :lol:
 
That is really cool! It's just good karma coming your way for all the AEFW research. :wink:
 
I can find a few pics with some green marbling, but not purple.

I was thinking the same thing when I read your title. Very nice. Keep us updated on growth and color.

I've been attempting to infect it with green pigment,


Just curious. How are you attempting to do it?
 
Putting green corals in contact with it, trying to stay within the monti family, so far no luck. Seems the setosa's the one that always loses the battle.

Interesting fact, the guy I got my original frag from years ago had one of his green corals get purple grafting from a garf bonsai. Though this purple hasn't shown up till a few months ago in my tank, so not sure if it came from my tank or his.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new