Purple/Red Rhinopias Scorpion

KeithsReefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just wanted to post my new buddy on here. Purple/Red Rhinopias Scorpion I got him/her recently from my LFS i shop at. Not seen too many posts regarding these types of fish in particular but wanted to share a picture of mine. This may be one of the most awesome looking fish i have had in my fish only tank i set up few months back. He is housed with a Porcupine Puffer similar in size approx 6" and seems to be hanging together at times. Well if any other post or threads on these forums, please send link. Even know they are not swimmers and show a lot of action, the look and attitude of these are really stunning.

Rhino3.jpg

Rhino2.jpg

Rhino4.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rhinopias frondosa going on a year now. Here's the best write up on these I've come across. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/rhinopias-scorpionfish-care.633562/
It lines up with much of my own experience. I feed mine live mollies, like with many of these type of ambush predators, they make take dead food for a while but usually don't do well for the long run on a dead only diet.
004.jpg

OP
OP
KeithsReefa

KeithsReefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! I got him on Silversides as of recent and so far its been a great addition. I have some guppies and mollies incoming soon. You have a awesome looking one there yourself!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back