Purple tang ick

ramullins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple tang has white spots that looks like ick. I don’t think I can catch it as I have a lot of rock work. Is there anything I can do? It was in a qt tank for 3 weeks with no issues it has been in the DT for about 3 weeks now an I notice it has two spots on its body an a couple on it’s fine. None of the other fish have any visible spots.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait and see for now. A couple spots isn't worth tearing your tank apart, imo.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You choices for ick are feed your fish very healthy foods (ditch almost anything from the fish store) and make them as comfortable as possible. Or catch all of your fish, put them in qt with copper, and leave your main tank fishless for 45 days.

Those are your only options imo. Any miracle cures in a bottle are scams

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem, my purple tang got it, I used polyp lab medic to no joy, in the end it was too late by the time I took it to the Lfs for qt, reduce lighting hours to a minimum, feed 3x a day with algae based food, and mysis, and cross your fingers and pray to the fish gods in affraid, if your tang has been eating a lot it should have a decent immune system, but the problem is you will always have the ich in your tank, sorry and I hope you get a better result than I did

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like some have mentioned pictures would help with a better diagnosis. Can’t really just off spots as it just could be debris, sand, etc. Before any decision making try posting a picture please!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back