OP
OP
rubertoe93

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the phone to the lfs for the past 20 mins, he has s offered to qt and treat the purple tang for me, I’m just nervous because of the state it’s in at the moment it won’t make the 40 min car jorney?

OP
OP
rubertoe93

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the phone to the lfs for the past 20 mins, he has s offered to qt and treat the purple tang for me, I’m just nervous because of the state it’s in at the moment it won’t make the 40 min car jorney?
Not to mention the stress it will cause trying to get him out as he’s still super active and feeding 3x a day like a trooper

Millimylilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if the LFS QTs the tang for you, ich will still be in your system for 72 days

OP
OP
rubertoe93

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you I hope so too! In getting the purple out and in Qt it will give me more chance in managing the ich better, without a qt I’m doing everting in my power to controll it, reduced lights more food uv running 24/7 and constant treatment, does anyone know if I can use other reef safe treatments along side the polyp lab medic,

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn’t a reef safe option to kill ich; you have to copper the fish in a quarantine tank and let your display run fallow (without fish) for 76 days for the ich cycle to complete without any fish to latch on to.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There isn’t a reef safe option to kill ich; you have to copper the fish in a quarantine tank and let your display run fallow (without fish) for 76 days for the ich cycle to complete without any fish to latch on to.
I would suggest the tank transfer method as an alternative to copper for fish treatments. I use the method regularly for quarantine process. Link earlier in this thread for details.

Ribo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your UV is of the proper size and flow rate for your tank or it’s almost useless. Keep that in mind.

Back