Purple Tang, sixline, and Algae blenny compatible???

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about putting a purple tang and starry blenny and sixline wrasse in a reefer 250... I've had a kole tang and lawn mower who hated each other. I chalked it up to competing for a similar food source. Anyone have these fish together, and do they get along??

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Kole tang and six line together and they are getting along fine, they actually travel together from places to places. Whenever my kole tank perking on my clams shell the six line would come and investigate the clam shell too.

Tigweldpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang follows the lawnmower blenny and when he finds algae the tang swoops in and tail whips him then starts eating the algae. The lawnmower just puts up with it. dunno isint a starry a lot more aggressive than a lawnmower?

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang follows the lawnmower blenny and when he finds algae the tang swoops in and tail whips him then starts eating the algae. The lawnmower just puts up with it. dunno isint a starry a lot more aggressive than a lawnmower?
That's what I'm afraid of..... My old kole tang was relentless at times attacking my lmb.
These are the only fish I'm going to stock in this tank so they're all going in at the same time. This should keep tempers in check temporarily. Things can change pretty rapidly with time though... The sixline should do fine with the tang, but the blenny really cant fight back... Ah well... we will see

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blenny and purple tang should be fine together. They will have fewer run ins if added as young, small specimens, and if added simultaneously. I've had mature, established blennies go after new tangs and vice versa.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back