Purple tang tank size

zachtyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! So we will be getting a 120 gallon tank in about a month but we thought it would be today so we have our purple tang coming that is 2” and was wondering if he would be okay in a 35 gallon for the time being until we have the big tank, his only tank mates would be two medium small sized black frostbite clowns, 2 cleaner shrimp, and a green mandarin dragonet Would he be okay for a month in there? We had a yellow tang on there for a while before

OP
OP
zachtyd

zachtyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine for a month no different to being in a qt
That is true alright then, and you think he will be fine being that he will be the bigger fish in the tank? The clowns will probably be same length but he’s taller as well

Aide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish you luck I am doing pretty much the same thing you are right now, no problems yet.

OP
OP
zachtyd

zachtyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish you luck I am doing pretty much the same thing you are right now, no problems yet.
Yes mine is thriving and is actually hosting a big chalice with my clownfish pair?? Very odd but cool behavior

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back